Listen to Hang Up and Listen with Stefan Fatsis, Josh Levin, and Ben Mathis-Lilley:
In this week’s episode of Slate’s sports podcast Hang Up and Listen, Stefan Fatsis, Josh Levin, and Ben Mathis-Lilley talk about the field for this year’s NCAA tournament and Zion Williamson’s return to the court. They also discuss the college admissions scandal and the New York Giants’ move to trade Odell Beckham Jr. to the Cleveland Browns.
Here are links to some of the articles and other items mentioned on the show:
• Belmont is in the NCAA Tournament, and North Carolina State is out.
• Marc Tracy in the New York Times on the debate over which teams should make the tournament
• Zion Williamson came back to lead Duke to an ACC Tournament title.
• The New York Times’ rundown of the sports-related issues in the college recruiting scandal
• Ben Strauss’ Slate piece on Wesleyan football and sports programs as affirmative action for white men
• Nick Greene’s Slate piece on the University of Southern California’s water polo coach, who allegedly found time to take bribes while winning national titles
• Phil Mickelson and Joe Montana enlisted the services of alleged scammer Rick Singer.
• ESPN’s Bill Barnwell gave the Giants a D+ for the Odell Beckham Jr. trade.
• The Ringer’s Kevin Clark on how NFL teams undervalue good players
• Sports Illustrated on Ben Roethlisberger’s various personality conflicts with his teammates
Hang Up and Listen’s Weekly Moxes:
Josh’s Mox: A (mostly) fond farewell to Raycom Sports.
On this week’s Slate Plus bonus segment, Stefan, Josh, and Ben discuss ESPN’s World Fame 100.
Podcast production and edit by Patrick Fort.
You can email us at email@example.com.