Listen to Represent:
To read a full transcript of this episode of Represent, click here.
On this episode of Represent, Aisha Harris talks to Yvonne Orji about the new season of Insecure, how her character has evolved, and so much more. Also, Timotheus Gordon Jr., creator of the blog Black Autist, and Sara Luterman, founder and editor of NOS Magazine, discuss how Netflix’s new series Atypical reinforces negative stereotypes about autistic people.
- “What Netflix’s Autism Comedy Atypical Gets Right About Dating While on the Spectrum” in Slate
- Sara Luterman’s Atypical recaps
- For stories by and about autistic people of color, Timotheus recommends All the Weight of Our Dreams: On Living Racialized Autism.
- “An Austism Advocate Explains How She Helped Sesame Street Create Its New Autistic Muppet” in Slate
- Why Aisha thinks we should all aspire to be Tasha, “the bank teller with a plan,” on Insecure
- How we (may have) lost Lawrence to the “sunken place”
- Yvonne Orji’s TED Talk: “The wait is sexy”
- This Is Us star Susan Kelechi Watson on Yvonne Orji’s podcast
- When Molly (Yvonne Orji) met her “twin” Toni Childs (Jill Marie Jones)
Tell a friend to subscribe! Share this link: megaphone.link/represent
You can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Join the conversation on Facebook at Slate Represent, and follow us on Twitter at @SlateRepresent and @craftingmystyle.
Producer: Veralyn Williams
Social media: Marissa Martinelli