Listen to Represent:
On this episode of Represent, Aisha Harris talks to Betty Gilpin about her new Netflix comedy, GLOW, which follows a group of misfit women who reinvent themselves as professional wrestlers in the 1980s. And in our “Pre-Woke Watching” segment, Slate’s science editor Susan Matthews reflects on a show that was integral to her adolescence and young adulthood: Gilmore Girls.
- Willa Paskin’s review of the Netflix Gilmore Girls reboot in Slate
- Aisha’s review of GLOW*
- The New York Times review of GLOW
- The original 1985 pilot for GLOW
- Grantland’s (very) concise history of racism in wrestling
- Aisha on how Trump’s election got minorities preparing to fight for their lives
Tell a friend to subscribe! Share this link: megaphone.link/represent
You can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
*Update, June 23, 2017: This post has been updated to include a link to Aisha’s review of GLOW.