Listen to Represent:
On this episode of Represent, Slate culture writer Aisha Harris talks to filmmaker Barry Jenkins about his much-buzzed-about new film, Moonlight. And Latino USA producer Antonia Cereijido returns to talk Season 3 of Jane the Virgin.
- AV Club’s “Jane the Virgin Gets Used to the New Normal With Another Powerful Chapter”
- Aisha’s “How Barry Jenkins’ Medicine for Melancholy Laid the Groundwork for His Gorgeous, Haunting Moonlight”
- A.O. Scott’s review: “ ‘Moonlight’: Is This the Year’s Best Movie?”
- Master P on his contribution to Solange’s new album, A Seat at the Table
- Barry Jenkins’ Moonlight filmmaker letter
- The Black Film Canon: The 50 greatest movies by black directors
Production by Veralyn Williams.