Listen to Hang Up and Listen with Stefan Fatsis and Josh Levin by clicking the arrow on the audio player below:
Become a fan of Hang Up and Listen and join the discussion of this episode on Facebook here:
In this special episode of Slate’s sports podcast Hang Up and Listen, Stefan Fatsis and Josh Levin are joined by Robert Lipsyte to discuss what Muhammad Ali stood for and what he represented in the broader culture.
Here are links to some of the articles and other items mentioned on the show:
- Read a transcript of this episode.
- Robert Lipsyte’s obituary for Muhammad Ali in the New York Times.
- Lipsyte describes watching Ali’s trailer shake.
- Eric Raskin in Slate on the “eccentric genius of Muhammad Ali’s boxing style.”
- Slate’s collection of the best stories ever written Ali.
Podcast production and edit by Dan Bloom.
Our intern is Laura Wagner.
You can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.