Listen to this episode of the Moment with guest Zach Quinto:
This week on the Moment, Brian Koppelman talks to Zach Quinto, the actor and producer best known for his roles in Heroes, Margin Call, and as Spock in the Star Trek films. On the show, Zach discusses how the death of his father shaped his childhood and career (2:00), how he landed in Noah Haidle’s Smokefall (16:00), and the years of self-examination that helped him better understand his goals as an artist (27:00). Plus, Zach reflects on how ayahuasca, a traditional plant medicine, helped him release a character that lingered from Angels in America (38:00) and looks forward to his upcoming role as Glenn Greenwald in Oliver Stone’s Snowden (43:00).
To get tickets to see Smokefall click here.
- Margin Call
- Angels in America
- Star Trek Beyond
- Carnegie Mellon School of Drama
- The Immaculate Reception a short film by Charlotte Glynn
- City of Thieves by David Benioff
- What I Talk About When I Talk About Running by Haruki Murakami
- Franny and Zooey by J.D. Salinger
- Jitterbug Perfume by Tom Robbins
- Even Cowgirls Get the Blues by Tom Robbins
- Just Kids by Patti Smith
- M Train by Patti Smith
- The Year of Magical Thinking by Joan Didion
- Zach Quinto
- Noah Haidle
- Tony Kushner
- Charlotte Glynn
- Al Pacino
- John Cazale
- Glenn Greenwald
- Oliver Stone
- Melissa Leo
- Tom Wilkinson
- Joseph Gordon-Levitt
- J.C. Chandor
- Neal Dodson
- Corey Moosa
- Christine Vachon
The Moment is brought to you by A&E’s hit series Bates Motel. Catch the new season when it returns Monday, March 7, at 9 p.m. Eastern time on A&E.
Podcast production by Jayson De Leon.