Get More Slate Money
Join Slate Plus
Slate Plus members get extended, ad-free versions of our podcasts—and much more. Sign up today and try it free for two weeks.
Subscribe to Slate Money
Copy this link and add it in your podcast app.
For detailed instructions, see our Slate Plus podcasts page.
Listen to Slate Money via Apple Podcasts, Overcast, Spotify, Stitcher, or Google Play.
On this week’s episode, Anna, Emily, and Felix discuss OFAC sanctions against Venezuela, Fed rates, and PG&E officially filing for bankruptcy.
• CNN: “Trump Approves Sanctions on Venezuela Oil Company”
• Associated Press: “US Charges Chinese Tech Giant Huawei, Top Executive”
• CBS News: “Federal Reserve nods to economic headwinds as it keeps rates steady”
• Slate: “The California Energy Utility That May Have Sparked the Deadly Camp Fire Has Filed for Bankruptcy”
• Slate: “Facebook’s Very Good, Very Bad Week”
In the Slate Plus segment: could Apple be Facebook’s best regulator?
Twitter: @felixsalmon, @Three_Guineas, @EmilyRPeck
Podcast production by Max Jacobs.