On this week’s episode, Felix Salmon, Anna Szymanski, and the Wall Street Journal’s Matthew Rose discuss:
- Elon Musk’s plan to take Tesla private
- Canadian Foreign Minister Chrystia Freeland’s tweet that enraged Saudi Arabia
- The dangers of Twitter diplomacy
- Sanctions as a Veblen good
- “Indra Nooyi and the Vanishing Female CEO”
- Nooyi’s record at PepsiCo
In the Slate Plus segment: robot pizza and the coming robot apocalypse.
Slate Plus members: Get your ad-free podcast feed.
Podcast production by Max Jacobs.