Listen to Episode No. 148 of Slate Money
Hosts Felix Salmon of Fusion, Slate Moneybox columnist Jordan Weissmann, and Laurel Touby, founder of Mediabistro, discuss:
- The eccentric billionaire owner of SoftBank, Masayoshi Son.
- How Swift cut North Korean banks out of the global financial system.
- If State Street’s plan to place more women in executive roles is legit.
- Jordan: “Meet the Hundreds of Officials Trump Has Quietly Installed Across the Government.”
- Felix: “George Osborne to Earn £650,000 at BlackRock for 4 Days a Month.”
- Laurel: “What’s Stored in DNA? An Old French Movie and a $50 Gift Card.”
Check out other Panoply podcasts at itunes.com/panoply.
Production by Zachary Dinerstein.