Listen to Episode No. 138 of Slate Money
Today’s episode comes to you live from Brooklyn’s Union Hall! Hosts Felix Salmon of Fusion; Cathy O’Neil, author of Weapons of Math Destruction; and Slate Moneybox columnist Jordan Weissmann are joined by:
- Steve Hindy, Brooklyn Brewery co-founder
- Dan Kenary, Harpoon Brewery co-founder
- Rob Burns, Night Shift Brewing co-founder and president of the Massachusetts Brewers Guild
- Katie Marisic, federal affairs manager at the Brewers Association
- Nancy Palmer, executive director of the Georgia Craft Brewers Guild
- What a craft beer is
- The economics of running a small brewery
- How national and state regulations affect the price and distribution of beer
They also answer questions from a few thirsty listeners.
Check out other Panoply podcasts at itunes.com/panoply.
Production by Zachary Dinerstein and Veralyn Williams.